Through inner attunement, the ancient yogis were able to perceive the energetic basis of all matter. The seven chakras or energy centers comprise their model of the energetic or subtle body. Each chakra is located along the spine, starting at the base and running upwards to the crown of the head. These centers are not visible by naked eyes but are "whirling disks of light" each radiate a specific color and spiritual quality, and are associated with corresponding psychological, physical, and emotional states necessary for the development of the whole person.
Seven Chakras and their positions:
1. Muladhar (root): It is located at the base of the spine.
2. Svadhisthana (sweetness):It is located at lower abdomen(between belly button and pelvic bone).
3. Manipura (lustrous gem):It is located at solar plexus(between belly button and bottom of rib cage)
4. Anahata (not struck): It is located at the heart (center of the chest).
5. Vissudha (purification): It is located at the throat.
6. Aagyna (to perceive): It is located between the eyebrows, just above the bridge of the nose.
7. Sahasrara (thousand petaled): It is located at the crown (top) of the head.